Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Don't Stop Now: Review

I finished Don't Stop Now last night, and here is my positive review.
Book Review: Don't Stop Now
Book by: Julie Halpern
Review by: Willa Smith
Release Date: June 7th, 2011 (already published)
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends


     The night after her high school, Lillian gets a voicemail from her kind-of friend, Penny, that says, "I did it."  She has to think back in her memory to recall what Penny is talking about, and when she arrives at faking her own kidnapping, Lillian enlists her best friend, Josh, to help her find Penny. She has a few hunches about where Penny is, and why she left, but none of them fully explain the events that occurred. The FBI, local police, and her parents all call Lillian asking for information, but Penny told Lillian not to say anything about her trip, so Lil doesn't. Lillian and Josh drive from Chicago to Portland to find Penny, and on the way they discover that their "friendship" might be something more than they thought. 
     I love Don't Stop Now because of the humor and truthful sounding language, and interesting plot. I've heard of books along this topic, and I've even started one, but they aren't nearly as interesting as this one. Lillian takes you along in her mind about her true feelings for Josh, and ones that she doesn't know if he returns. I laughed out loud multiple times at Josh and Lillian's jokes, and their joyful presence in the novel. Also, their friendship is so true and unique, that I couldn't help but fall in love with both characters. Julie Halpern, author of Get Well Soon and Into the Wild Nerd Yonder, has crafted a beautiful novel about friendship and love. 4 stars for Don't Stop Now!



Don't forget about our contests!

1 comment:

  1. This looks interesting, although the cover does make it look like it should be in the self-help section...I may check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I reads every comment, and I'm so happy you want to let us know what you thought.