Friday, August 19, 2011

Anna and the French Kiss: Book Review


Novel: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Release Date: December 2nd, 2010
Publisher: Dutton
Pages: 372
Format: Hardcover
Source:
 Local Public Library
Anna can't wait for her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a good job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's not too thrilled when her father unexpectedly ships her off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Étienne St. Clair, the perfect boy. The only problem? He's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her crush back home. Will a year of romantic near-misses end in the French kiss Anna awaits?

(Synopsis from Goodreads)



Willa's Rambles:
   Let me start out with this: Why didn't I read this earlier? What in the world was holding me back? How could I have not bought/found/borrowed this book?
   Anna and the French Kiss was incredible. Totally and thoroughly incredible. Stephanie Perkins describes Paris to the point where I can smell the rain and hear the chatter as Anna and Étienne walk down the streets of Paris. 
   I want Anna to be my best friend! Anna is funny, sweet, caring, crazy, and most of all: human. She has flaws, and those flaws determine her actions. She wants Étienne, but he has a girlfriend, which messes up everything. So Anna and Étienne are best friends - right? Anna is confused, and Étienne isn't really helping. 
   Étienne is such an amazing character, and boy. I fell in love with him the first time Anna and him meet, but he really hit number 1 in my heart during Thanksgiving Break. Go read the book and discover what happens with Étienne over the break, and then you will find out what I mean. Any time where Anna doesn't have Étienne is a low point, and the minute they are together, the fireworks are going off.
   Perkins describes Anna, her friends, Étienne, France, and being alone in a new place, to the point where you feel what Anna feels, sees what Anna sees, hears what Anna hears - all the senses. I loved this book. So much. Can Lola and the Boy Next Door hurry up and get to Barnes and Noble? Because I'll be there when it's selling out!


Expect some delays on the blog when school starts! I'm not that organized!


2 comments:

  1. Love this one! I'm not sure how I'm going to ever wait for LOLA! :P

    -Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! Me niether!!!1

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I reads every comment, and I'm so happy you want to let us know what you thought.