Friday, August 5, 2011

TGIF: Taking it Personal

Originally from Ginger @ G-Reads, and continued here!


Taking it Personal: Which books have effected you on a personal level and lingered in your mind long after you closed the pages?
My answer: 
Hmm... What books effected me on a personal level... I'm going to put my choices into categories, simply because books effect me on a personal level for many different reasons. Here we go with our categories!
(By the way, the book title goes to Goodreads)
Categories: 
~ Made me want to spend the rest of my life with the characters because I love them so much: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater. You can see my epic review written shortly after I finished the novel here.
Made me laugh out loud so many times: The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May & June by Robin Benway. I think you will all know why and nod your head in agreement when you read my review.
~ Inspired me to write a novel/short story: I definitely count these as effecting me on a personal level because they evoked a story in my head. There will a few... Sorry!

~ Book I will always and forever remember: I have two. 13 Reasons Why (mentioned above) simply because it really spoke to me about bullying and what some people do because of it. Secondly, one of my all time favorite YA novels, Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. This is such an amazing novel, and she is an amazing author. 
And, I've mentioned them all.... I think. If I think of anymore, I'll let you all know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I reads every comment, and I'm so happy you want to let us know what you thought.