Thursday, January 19, 2012

Carrier of the Mark: Book Review

Novel: Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
Release Date: October 24th, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen

Format: Paperback
Source: Barnes and Nobles
Challenge: None

Their love was meant to be. 
When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRís. 
But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.
Willa's Rambles:
   I've been waiting to read Carrier of the Mark for a while, and for some reason it's taken me this long! I really enjoyed Carrier of the Mark, and I love Leigh Fallon's story behind the publication. Getting discovered on Inkpop, and then getting published is very uncommon - even though that is the website's purpose - it's still very uncommon.
   My favorite thing about the novel was the originality of the Mark. It was a totally new concept, never been done before, and especially one that was set in Ireland! Fallon did a fantastic job describing Ireland, and I felt like I could see the landscape and feel what Megan was feeling.
   I really enjoyed Megan's character - she was unique, relatable, and conflicted. I loved her energy and her relationships with her friends and family, and especially with Adam! The one thing that bothered me is that Adam and Megan's love seemed very "love at first sight", which I feel has been very over done. But once I got farther into the novel, it started to make sense.
   Over all, I really enjoyed Carrier of the Mark for it's originality, fantastic romance, and overall concept. A fantastic debut!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I reads every comment, and I'm so happy you want to let us know what you thought.