Friday, January 27, 2012

TGIF: Buy or Borrow {23}

Buy or Borrow: Where do your books that you read come from? The bookstore? The library? Do you prefer to own a book, or have it on loan?
Since about November/October time, the majority of books I've read have been from either my personal library (I've read a lot of books that I've had and have been meaning to read),  or ARCs that I've gotten from friends or other sources.


My More Detailed List of Addiction Suppliers (I mean books, of course!):



1. The BookPeople Teen Reviewing Program! This is a fantastic program my local indie does where they have a bunch of teens read ARCs for them, and when the books come out they are featured in the bookshelf with a little notecard with a review and the reviewer's name. It's a great way for people who don't know YA books to figure out what's recent and well-liked by teens!

2. Publishers! Lately I've been receiving some books in the mail from publishers, especially Macmillan imprints - St. Martins Press, for example. 

3. My amazing blogger friends have been a huge help to me with getting books, going to go see authors, etc. A few to mention are: Katie from Katie's Book Blog, also known as my big sister (and we really aren't related. I promise.), Meredith from Mint Tea and A Good Book, her associate, Erin, also from Mint Tea and A Good Book, and Jessie from Jessie's Remarkable Reads, the twin I always wish I had. These girls give me books, convince me to read books, and most importantly, answer questions and do things beyond their job description. 

4. My parents have always supported (and funded) my bookish addiction, until it got to the point of me constantly wanting books... When it came time to write my wish-list this past holiday, I realized all the books I wanted hadn't been published. It was a bit of an issue. But my parents continue to buy me books and help me read out of my comfort zone!

Do you like loans or owning books?
   I love the feeling of owning books. I flat out love it. I love the problem of having a cram packed bookshelf and not knowing where to put everything. I love being able to lend out books and sharing their amazing content with all my friends, and whenever I need inspiration to head to my shelves and find something that will help me. I still borrow books from people (or the library) but lately I've been owning a lot of books, and I love it. I don't seem to give the librarians enough quality time with my addiction... Maybe I need to visit them sometime. 

Happy friday!

What did you think about our TGIF? It's from the amazing G-Reads done by Ginger! Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Owning books is an addiction - but I'm sure we'll both agree that it's one of the best things to be addicted to! There's nothing quite like the feeling of seeing your shelves filled to the brim with stories you loved and can revisit anytime you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those chibird pics girlie! Awesome post. ;)

    -Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I reads every comment, and I'm so happy you want to let us know what you thought.