Monday, February 6, 2012

Big Annoucements on the Blog!


I can’t believe it’s already February. >x<
photos: 1 2 3 4


Happy February!  I feel like January just flew by, and in the midst of it, I had a lot on my mind for the blog, life, and schoolwork. (Don't worry! I'm not quitting!) Lately, with the changes being made by Google, especially the Google Friend Connect for Google+ Badges (if you have no clue what I'm talking about, check out Mint Tea and a Good Book's fantastic post explaining all of this here) and I started thinking, "What if I didn't host on Blogger?"

Lots of blogs have been switching lately because Google is making decisions to withdraw many of their products including Google Friend Connect and Picnik for Google+. So technically, a huge chunk of my readership who don't have Google +, won't be able to show that they like the blog, because they can't like it on Google+. Not cool. I can't even like my own blog on Google+!




Chibird - a great motto to live by!
So I started looking around and talking to some blog friends asking their opinions. They agreed that if I wanted to switch, now is the time, and they all suggested WordPress. So, I checked it out.

I love it.

Meredith from Mint Tea and A Good Book and I have been hard at work setting up the blog on WordPress, and as of right now, it's open to the public, but just be warned that there may be a few changes in the coming weeks because we're still tweaking things. For now, posts will be posted on this blogger blog as well as the new Wordpress blog. But come March 1st, on Willa's Ramblings' 1 Year Anniversary, this blog will be entirely on WordPress with the URL www.willasramblings.wordpress.com and hopefully a giveaway to kick off the new blog and the one year blogoversary. Once it's March, if you go to this URL, you will automatically be directed to the new wordpress URL. :)

You may have also noticed, that this blog also has a new banner and that's the official banner of the new wordpress blog, which is just going to help make the whole wordpress transition a bit easier on all of us. I know that this is a long, semi complicated process, but I'm really hoping that it will be worth it. If you have any wordpress tips, please let me know!

You may be asking, will there be a GFC button? There is a Follow button of WordPress' own design, a subscribe by email button, and a RSS Feed button, so you have plenty of options.

I've already completely switched my personal website over to Wordpress and I'm really happy with it, so I'm hoping the blog switch will be just as satisfying. Please let me know if you have any questions, or were wanting help switching, or anything of the sort. Just shoot me an email. 

I love all of you, and thank you for all the support!


P.S- If you see anything funky at the Wordpress blog, let me know. This is a learning process for me too. ;)

2 comments:

  1. are you going to be switching your email subscribers over or do we need to resubscribe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great question! I hadn't even thought of this! I just fixed the feed, so you won't need to resubscribe. Thank you for subscribing! :)

      Willa

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I reads every comment, and I'm so happy you want to let us know what you thought.