Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Don't get confused.

Hello world. Here's something I just wrote. Thank Only Exception by Paramore. Here goes. Don't get too excited.


I looked over at her. She was laughing at some “amazingly funny” joke her new boyfriend made. I just wanted to touch her again. Hold her like I used to. Run my fingers through her hair. Just to hold her hand as we walked down the halls. I had lost all that. I had lost it all to this guy.
I practically ran to the auditorium. I found Mr. James sitting at the piano, scribbling down on a pad.
“Good morning Zane. What--” He started, but I cut him off.
“I need to do a song. Will you stay?” He nodded, and sat down in the audience chairs.
I walked up to the cd player and connected my ipod to it. I scrolled through the songs until I found the one I was looking for. I pressed play, and then walked to the microphone.
“This is for April.” I said, and Mr. James nodded. He knew. And then, I began to sing.
When I was younger, I saw my daddy cry
And curse at the wind
He broke his own heart and I watched
As he tried to reassemble it

And my momma swore that
She would never let herself forget
And that was the day that I promised
I'd never sing of love if it does not exist

But darling, you are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception

Maybe I know, somewhere deep in my soul
That love never lasts
And we've got to find other ways to make it alone
Or keep a straight face

And I've always lived like this
Keeping a comfortable distance
And up until now I had sworn to myself that I'm content with loneliness
Because none of it was ever worth the risk

But you are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception

I've got a tight grip on reality
But I can't let go of what's in front of me here
I know you're leaving in the morning when you wake up
Leave me with some kind of proof, it's not a dream, oh

You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception

You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception

And I'm on my way to believing
Oh, and I'm on my way to believing.

I’m crying. I can feel the tears.  Then, I see her in the back, right next to the door. She’s crying. I can her. Even from here. I want to race to her, hold her in my arms, but I know I can’t do that. It takes everything I have to walk off stage and grab my bag. I walk out auditorium door, passing right by her. I don’t look at her. I only look ahead, because I have nothing left to say or sing. I’ve put myself all out there. It’s up to her now.

xoxo, willa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I reads every comment, and I'm so happy you want to let us know what you thought.