Saturday, June 25, 2011

Beauty Queens: Review

Meredith over at Mint Tea and a Good Book is desperately awaiting my copy of Beauty Queens, so here is my review!

Review: Beauty Queens
Book by: Libba Bray
Review by: Willa Smith
Published: May 24th, 2011 (already published)
Publisher: Scholastic Press

     The contestants in the Miss Teen Dream Beauty Pageant thought they would be heading to a glorious island, complete with rehearsing, interviews, photos, and TV promos, but their plane had a very different idea. When they crash land onto a desert island, the surviving girls have to feed themselves on bugs, build huts, weapons, and contraptions, all of these things something the girls have never had to do. They come together, each using some skill they have to help them all, they laugh, dance, talk, and build friendships that will last a lifetime. 
     Libba Bray has made a novel that has so many twists and turns. You will surprised at every corner, laughing at the girl's jokes and confusion, and crying at the dramatic and sad points. This book has a bit of a slow start, but once you get about 50-75 pages in, you'll want to read it all night! I was addicted to the girl's story, a story that tells the story of pageant girls' life-changing experience and discovery of all the good things in life.
     I loved this book, and it definitely lived up to all the hype! I had so adventures with this book, complete with some minor water spillage, and then a near-death event. I accidentally spilled a tad bit of water on the edges of the book, and I decided to put the book open on the top of my car while I went inside for a little while. Unfortunately, I forgot it was there, and a half-mile away, I saw the book fall off the top of the car! We had to pull over, and my dad ran out into traffic to grab it. Now it has some black marks on the edges, but totally readable. Hope it's reading-material Meredith! I continue to rave and rave about this book to all of my friends, and I think it is definitely a life-changing read. Read it. Now. I command you. My rating? 5 stars! Fantastic job Bray!


Don't forget about our contest! 

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! I reads every comment, and I'm so happy you want to let us know what you thought.