Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Forgotten: Book Review

I've finished Forgotten one of the books I got at The Strand in NYC. Review time!


Novel: Forgotten by Cat Patrick
Release Date: June 7th, 2011
Publisher: Little, Brown
Pages: 288
Format: Hardcover Novel
Source: Purchased at The Strand Bookstore
Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future. 
(Synopsis from Goodreads)



Willa's Rambles:
   I've been waiting to read this book for a while, since about June of this year. I saw it at BookPeople with Meredith while waiting for a signing, and she suggested it, saying that it was something she was really looking forward to reading. So, when I saw it at The Strand for CHEAP I grabbed it off the shelves and added it to my purchase pile. 
   Forgotten is very original, and is about a concept I have never seen for a book synopsis. I think there was some definite flaws in the "forgetting" idea of the story. London didn't forget material she had learned in class the previous day, she didn't forget things her friend had talked about previously, and most interesting of all, she could always remember that she forgot things. 
   Throughout the book whenever London wouldn't forget something I would think she would forget, I would go, "Why does she know that? It wasn't in her notes!" But the things she remembered she had to be able to remember for the story to work, and to not confuse us readers (although I was confused anyways!), so I can understand why Patrick decided to have London remember certain things. 
   London and Luke's relationship was amazing, but curiously fast paced, which made them have more time to get to know each other. Since London would forget who he was daily, it was like her falling in love with him every single day, and I never got tired of it. He supported her and was always there when she needed someone to lean on. 
   This book has it's flaws, but doesn't everything? It's a fantastic debut, and I can't wait for Cat Patrick's next novel!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I reads every comment, and I'm so happy you want to let us know what you thought.