Saturday, August 27, 2011

Things I Know About Love: Book Review


Novel: Things I Know About Love by Kate Le Vann
Release Date: June 22nd, 2010
Publisher: Egmont USA
Pages: 160
Format: Hardcover
Source: The Strand
Livia's experience of love has been disappointing to say the least. But all that is about to change. After years of illness, she's off to spend the summer with her brother in America. She's making up for lost time, and she's writing it all down in her private blog. America is everything she ever dreamed of - and then she meets Adam. Can Livia put the past behind her and risk falling in love again?






Willa's Rambles:
   I've read a few books that are about girls with cancer, but none of them are at all like Things I Know About Love. Livia is cleared from her doctor to visit her brother, and she just wants to be normal in every way possible, but she wants to have a summer fling most of all. When she meets Adam, all her thoughts of flings are put thrown away, and Livia falls in love. 
   Let's talk about characters. Livia is a very complex character because she a past that in some ways, haunts her. Her cancer rules her life, telling her what she can and can't do, and when she comes to America all she wants is her brother to stop telling her to slow down. She just wants to break free and be Livia, the girl without cancer, and with Adam, she can be that girl, which I think is definitely one of the things Livia loves about him.
   Adam is an amazing character with an amazing voice and personality. He cares about Livia so much, and by the end, he wants her to stay in America and not go back to Britain. He's sweet. He's caring. He's just awesome. Nothing more to say.
   The ending: Oh darn it. I was crying. And yelling to my mother, "How could it end that way?! HOW??" And then I proceeded to tell her about the ending, in which she replied, "That's depressing." It is mother. It is.
   So go read Things I Know About Love, and keep a box of tissues close by at all times. 


School has been busy. Cursed Algebra. Why do I have to be smart? WHY? 
Other than the fact that I pride myself in it. Obviously.
(This was why I only planned the posts this week)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I reads every comment, and I'm so happy you want to let us know what you thought.