Thursday, October 13, 2011

TGIF: Show & Tell

Show & Tell: Where do you grab a book and get lost in it? Show us your favorite spot you like to read at.


   Well. Where do I like to read? Anywhere. Yesterday I was signing up for Figment (any aspiring authors, check it out!) and one of the questions was: Where do you read? 
   I tried a few different answers. The first was, Anywhere with a floor, but then I realized, WAIT! I read on the grass. (No floor here!) So I rephrased. Second time was: Anywhere, but then I realized, WAIT! I don't read in water. (Well, occasionally, but not usually.) So I tried a third time. I ended with: Anywhere with someplace for me to sit. 
   But I'm not crazy about this answer! I read many places, including the following: (Yes world, I did make a list.)

  • Trees. Not usually, but it's a possibility.
  • My bed. The most common location.
  • The floor. Happens more often that assumed. I'm one of those weird people who lay on floors wherever I go. 
  • My couch. Oh, that comfortable couch...
  • This swinging chair hanging from a tree in my backyard. A bit awkward, but it's fun to kick the tree and fly backwards while flipping the pages.
  • Counters. Yes, I sit on counters and read. Frequently.
  • School, and occasionally during class. ("Yes, of course I'm paying attention!")
  • The list goes on. And on. And on.
   I read a lot. Most people always see me with a book in my hand, or desperately trying to finish a chapter before the teacher calls roll. I seem to always be finishing books, starting books, or crying in the middle of books. Thankfully, my friends keep me sane, and don't allow me to tear my hair out because of a character. The point of this paragraph was that I read many places. I read wherever I possibly can, whenever I can, and whatever I can. 
I call myself a reading-writing-machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I reads every comment, and I'm so happy you want to let us know what you thought.